Subject: Problems with my 8650...
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Johnny Billquist <bqt@Update.UU.SE>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/14/2007 20:38:29
Yes, it's a real 8650. And yes, I have problems. :)
I've been keeping the machine off for some time, but recently decided to
play with it again. Built a new kernel and booted it, but here comes
trouble.

The hardware is as follows:

3 Unibuses.
uba0 have one UDA50 and one DELUA.
uba1 have nothing
uba2 have one UDA50 and one TU81.

The TU81 don't have a drive attached to it, so it won't initialize.
The machine boots 3.99.15 just fine. It detects the UDA50 (both of
them), and the DELUA.
-current from a week ago don't boot fine. It fires up and everything
looks good. However, during the autoconf stage it fails to identify the
UDA50 on uba0. It identifies everything else just fine. However, since
the system boot disk is on that UDA50 you can understand that it's not a
happy system.

I have been poking around a little, but perhaps someone who knows the
innards of a few things here can help me out. Otherwise I'll have to dig
through a lot more of the innards I'm not that familiar with.

What I have observed is that the configuration scanner notice that the
UDA50 is there, and it starts the initialization steps on it. Slightly
later I get an error on the unibus. The unibus error register says that
I accessed an invalid map register. So far I'm following it. If we're
trying to play with the UDA50 via an invalid unibus map register of
course it will fail. Now, where are the unibus map registers set up, and
why isn't it setup right? Since the UDA50 on uba2 works, it can't be a
outright error, but something a bit more magic. Also, what Unibus access
are we talking about? The first access to the CSR works fine, so it's
something else. Interrupt?

Ragge, you remember how this works, and feel like debugging? Anyone
else? I can setup remote access to the console if that would help.

	Johnny