Subject: Re: Hooray!
To: Rhialto <rhialto@falu.nl>
From: David Brownlee <abs@NetBSD.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/02/2007 00:24:36
On Mon, 30 Apr 2007, Rhialto wrote:

> Too bad that the source is not available inside the NFS root dir, so
> single stepping through the function to find the spot where fs is really
> clobbered (or where gdb starts being confused) is a bit painful.
> So at this point I stopped prodding, maybe more later if I get more
> ideas.

 	Just nfs export the src dir and mount it by hand before
 	running gdb :)

 	Some random thoughts:
 	 - Could there be an issue with pread() on VAX.  Could try
 	   replacing the pread() with an lseek() and read()

 	 - Presumably printf of sizeof sblk.buf, sizeof sblk, and
 	   SBLOCKSIZE all indicate the same value?

 	 - Does adding char pad[1024]; between sblk and fs hide
 	   the problem?