Subject: Re: Another problem...
To: Hans Rosenfeld <rosenfeld@grumpf.hope-2000.org>
From: Johnny Billquist <bqt@softjar.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/15/2007 13:19:18
--------------050905000105070107000205

Hans Rosenfeld wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 15, 2007 at 12:12:24PM +0200, Johnny Billquist wrote:
>
>>Michael L. Hitch wrote:
>>
>>> I think I can say that wasn't it.  If I mount an nfs filesystem with
>>>-r 2048 -w 2048 -I 2048, it gets NULLs in the file.  If I mount with the
>>>default sizes (8192), it works fine.
>>
>>Yep. Same problem still here as well.
>>Interesting enough, looking at the resulting file, every other 4K gets
>>clobbered. Now, the VAX uses a 4K page size these days.
>>So it's every other page that gets bad. I wonder if there is something
>>that is assuming 8K of something in NFS underneath?
>
> This smells like the problem I had with my 4k90, all packets > 4k would
> be corrupted, see http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-vax/2006/03/08/0009.html
>
> I have still no clue where to look for this.

No, I would say this is definitely not the same thing.
Note that here we're talking about a case where I have limited NFS
transfer size to 2K, and *then* I have a problem with every other 4K
sized piece.

If I run a default generic kernel, where NFS sizes haven't been
restricted, all works just fine.
For that kernel, it looks like NFS is doing 8K writes.

Whatever problem you had, I think that has been resolved, Hans.

	Johnny

                                   ||  on a psychedelic trip
email: bqt@softjar.se             ||  Reading murder books

--------------050905000105070107000205