Subject: Re: Network problems on 4000/500A
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: George Harvey <fr30@dial.pipex.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/01/2007 00:21:57
On Sat, 31 Mar 2007 16:49:02 +0200
Johnny Billquist <bqt@softjar.se> wrote:

> If the problem is reception, then this is usually the trick you need.
> If data transmitted to the VAX is in more segments than the receive
> buffers, then it will basically never succeed. One or another of the
> segments will always be lost.
>
> However, I think that George thought his problem was transmissions, in
>  which case this won't help. But he might be wrong, so it's worth a
>  try...

I think it is a transmit problem so I've tried reducing the NFS write
size to 2K and haven't had any lockups yet. However, I'm now getting
file corruption instead :( Building pkgtools/digest fails with syntax
errors during the configure stage, looking at the configure file I see
that it has chunks missing and is much shorter than it should be. The
same source, on the same server, builds with no problems on my SGI
Challenge S so I'm fairly confident that it's not a bug on the server.
I'll do some more investigating...

Thanks,
George