Subject: Re: Shared libraries re-enabled for VAX
To: Matt Thomas <matt@3am-software.com>
From: Johnny Billquist <bqt@softjar.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/31/2007 16:52:46
--------------070002070800040906000401

Matt Thomas wrote:
> I just committed about 3 weeks of testing and development of getting GCC
> to produce PIC code for VAX and greatly improved 64bit math support.
>
> I'll look into the top core dump problem next.

Wonderful news. I assume you have already seen that we know what the
problem with top is, and it's just a question of getting gcc to do the
right thing...

More interesting is perhaps that gcc will crash if you want any
optimization on your code when running on the VAX. Exactly what the
problem is for that one is unknown. And we also have some problem in
pmap (I think. Might be somewhere else as well...).

	Johnny

                                   ||  on a psychedelic trip
email: bqt@softjar.se             ||  Reading murder books

--------------070002070800040906000401