Subject: Re: my vaxstation4k/90 is alive ;-)
To: Wilfried =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Wei=DF?= <barny68@gmx.de>
From: Roger Ivie <rivie@ridgenet.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/03/2007 14:08:54

--0-1733744196-1172959734=:8868

On Sat, 3 Mar 2007, Wilfried Wei=DF wrote:
> I inserted a multiboot cd-rom (Lehmanns Online Bookshop Edition NetBSD
> 2.0 from 12/2004 ) to the drive. At bootprompt i type >>> b DKA0. Yes,
> the diva begins to boot.!!! But why i get so confusing information ??
> Can anyone explain me that SCSImysterium ;-)?

It looks to me like your CD-ROM is jumpered for SCSI address 6, the
same address being used by the VAXstation. Since the VAXstation
asserts both its address and the address of the target when it
selects a device, the CD-ROM always thinks the VAXstation is talking
to it.
--=20
roger ivie
rivie@ridgenet.net