Subject: Netbooting not working in -current
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Henry R. Bent <Henry.Bent@oberlin.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/27/2007 20:52:34
Hi all,

Netbooting does not seem to be working in -current from yesterday.  I am
running a VT1300 (aka VS3100 m30) booting from an i386 box.  My setup
was working well as recently as 4.99.9 and I have not changed anything
on the server end.  Both GENERIC and a custom kernel I compiled get to
this point and stop:

boot device: le0
root on le0
nfs_boot: trying DHCP/BOOTP
(hang)

The machine does not ever send a DHCP request to the network.  I cannot
drop to ddb; sending a break drops me to the monitor.

This is the first kernel I have tried since the newlock2 merge and
associated fixes for the vax; could that have something to do with it?
Can anyone else out there with real hardware try netbooting -current?

-Henry Bent

P.S. base.tgz from the build was over 110MB!  Static binaries are going
to overwhelm the poor vax eventually, I think.