Subject: Re: hooking up a console
To: NetBSD/vax Discussion List <port-vax@NetBSD.org>
From: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis@mcmanis.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/26/2007 21:13:33
At 11:44 AM 2/26/2007, Greg A. Woods wrote:
>At Mon, 26 Feb 2007 09:22:06 +1030,
>Kim Hawtin wrote:
> >
> > Jim MacKenzie wrote:
> > > The MMJ cable issue is the reason only one of my three VAXen is
> > > running right now.  I need to get a couple more.
> >
> > i went down to my local electronics supply store, Jarcar and
> > bought a packet of RJ11's ...
>
>Well, just to be pedantic, that might be what Rat Shack calls them but
>you don't want a real "RJ-11" connector -- it won't work in an MMJ plug
>even with the tab filed off.  A real, plain, "RJ-11" is a six-position
>jack but it only has two contacts.

Aye the connector you are trying to think of is the RJ12 it has all 6
conductors in it.

If you can find one by an Ideal, Telemaster tool, part number 30-498. This
tool allows you to crimp on either RJ12's or MMJ connectors (it has two
crimping positions) on to standard 6 conductor cable.

www.mytoolstore.com has them for $40.

--Chuck