Subject: Re: Looking for CMD CQD-220A/TM QBUS SCSI info
To: Hans Rosenfeld <rosenfeld@grumpf.hope-2000.org>
From: Dave McGuire <mcguire@neurotica.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/21/2006 17:11:57
On Dec 21, 2006, at 2:29 PM, Hans Rosenfeld wrote:
>>  don't know about the CQDs, but I have a less-hazy-than-usual (but
>> still
>> possibly false) memory that on the CDU-720 (Unibus equiv) there
>> was an
>> address decoding PAL that needed to be changed over too.  Too bad
>> because
>> my firmware did seem to be in the mood for tapes.  I think I did
>> ask and
>> CMD wasn't interested in selling upgrade PALs.  Maybe the CQDs are
>> more
>> flexible though...
>
> Nope, same thing with the CQDs. Maybe there is a way to read out the
> "program" from those chips, but I had no success with mine when I
> tried
> it a few years ago.

   I have both a CQD-220/TM and a CQD-220A/M/T here.  There are a
bunch of PALs on them...If I can figure out which one is the address
decoder, my Data I/O 2900 may be able to read it.  I am preparing to
move house at the moment, so I won't be able to look into this for a
few weeks...but if someone reminds me in late January I can take a
whack at it.

          -Dave

--
Dave McGuire