Subject: Re: Not directly NetBSD related VAX help, please!
To: John Klos <john@ziaspace.com>
From: Anders Hogrelius <ahs@hogrelius.nu>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/08/2006 09:14:30
Hi John,

Have you checked the PSU so there's no dust clogging the vent holes? The
same problem happened to me with a Decstation where the vents were so
clogged that it looked like there was a filter on there, it wasn't it was
a solid mat of dust! It caused the PSU to overheat and shut down and
still the box was in and air conditioned room.

If this isn't the case I would suggest that you follow the other advice
and check the output of the PSU with a multimeter.

Cheers,
Anders

--
This mail was sent on Fri 12/08/06 at 0:09AM PST

Compassion -- that's the one things no machine ever had.  Maybe it's
the one thing that keeps men ahead of them.
		-- McCoy, "The Ultimate Computer", stardate 4731.3

*                        Cell :   +46(0)70 677-0210
* Anders Hogrelius, MSc  Phone:   +1(714)408-7868
* Tessingatan 12         E-mail:  anders@hogrelius.nu
* SE-72216 Vasteras      Web:     http://www.hogrelius.nu/~ahs/
* SWEDEN                 SkypeID: ahogrelius