Subject: Re: Vaxstation 3W3 to VGA pinouts
To: Luiz Guilherme Regis Emediato <lgemedia@terra.com.br>
From: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/01/2006 01:03:08
On Thu, 30 Nov 2006 14:54:46 -0200
Luiz Guilherme Regis Emediato <lgemedia@terra.com.br> wrote:

>             ---------------------
>            /  o1  o2  o3  o4  o5 \=20
>           / o6  o7  o8  o9  o10   \
>          /    o11 o12 o13 o14 o15  \
>          ---------------------------
This is wrong. Pin 1 is on the longer side of the connector, below Pin
6. I.e. the upper and lower row of pins is reverted in this diagram.

Have a look at the VGA connector. Usually there are litle numbers aside
the pins.

> My guess is :
> 3w3 Pin-1 inside should go to VGA Pin-1,  not 11
> 3w3 Pin-2 inside       "         to VGA Pin-2,  not 12
> 3w3 Pin-3 inside       "         to VGA Pin-3.  not 13
Your guess is right. 3W3 pins 1, 2, 3 and VGA pins 1, 2, 3 are read,
green, blue. VGA pins 6, 7, 8 are (RGB) GND. But you have two bugs in
your wiring diagramm. The wrong VGA connector pinout above and the wrong
Pin to signal assignment. So this is kind of a double inversion: The two
bugs compensate each other.

As "gl" mentioned: Your monitor must support Sync On Green. If it
doesn't you can build a sync separator with a LM1881.
--=20

tsch=FC=DF,
       Jochen