Subject: Re: Vaxstation 3W3 to VGA pinouts
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.org>
From: gl@decadence.it <gl@decadence.it>
List: port-vax
Date: 11/30/2006 18:31:53
On 30/11/2006 17:54:46, Luiz Guilherme Regis Emediato wrote:
> Reading the posts on the list, I found a message explaining
> how to make a 3W3 (Vaxstation) to VGA (PC) with the
> following pinout scheme:

Simple wiring is possible, but the monitor must support Sync On Green.
On 3W3 connector you only have RGB signal not separate
horizontal/vertical signal.
If the monitor doesn't support sync on green, then you have to put some
electronics in the middle that converts the sync on green to separate
sync signals.
I don't know how this magic works, but I have got a converter from VGA
to 3 BNC sync on green and I suppose that someway it could be done also
in the opposite direction by a similar converter.

Bye!
gl