Subject: Re: 4.0_BETA fails to install ^U free vax
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.org>
From: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/09/2006 23:31:34
On Mon, 09 Oct 2006 13:32:45 +0930
Kim Hawtin <kim.hawtin@adelaide.edu.au> wrote:

> > 4.0 isn't really useful yet except for testing. Just so you know...
>=20
> right then, how can i build something useful to test, to be useful?
>=20
> i can only install 1.6.x on my uvax3100 at the moment,
> can i build 4.0_* from cvs/source ?
You can try a snapshoot. There you will find binaries and source:
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD-daily/netbsd-4/200610010000Z

Or you can checkout the netbsd-4 branch from anoncvs:
http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/current/#using-anoncvs
The above page will give you instructions how to build. Have a look into
the BUILDING file in the source too.

You can mix the two ways. The snapshot source is from anaoncvs. So once
you get the tar files from the snapshot you can extract and cvs update
them to rebuild the newer source.
--=20

tsch=FC=DF,
       Jochen