Subject: 4.0_BETA fails to install ^U free vax
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Ben Collver <collver@peak.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/04/2006 07:51:13
Good day,

I tried to install NetBSD 4.0_BETA from the releng 20060930 snapshot on
my vax.  It crashes when it tries to fetch the sets, using ftp or http.
Then it automatically reboots, tries to boot the disk, fails because
there is no OS on the disk, and automatically reboots again, continues
this in an endless loop, scrolling the crash message off my terminal.

The last time I was quick enough to write it down:
Segv in kernel mode: pc 8000c76c addr ba 340140

I tried installing by NFS, but I got a message that the sets were
corrupted.  It appears that the checksums do not match the sets provided
on the releng server.

Anybody want a vax?  You pay shipping.

Ben