Subject: Re: RIP Bertram Barth
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Andrew Sporner <asporner@gmail.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 09/25/2006 12:12:24
Dave McGuire <mcguire <at> neurotica.com> writes:

> On Sep 12, 2006, at 3:51 AM, Jochen Kunz wrote:
> > In deep mourning I have to announce the sudden death of Bertram Barth.
> > On Saturday, in the middle of his life, he passed away in cause of a
> > heart failure.
> >
> > Bertram Barth contributed some substantial bits to port-vax like
> > support
> > for the VAXstation 3100m76 or the TSV05/TS05.
>
>    This is very sad news.  I didn't know him personally, but I've seen
> his name in a LOT of source code...I know he worked very hard on it.
> RIP Bertam Barth.

I *did* know him personally and am saddenly by this news.  We had talked
only about a month or so ago about meeting for a Beer as I am working
in Stuttgart on a project.  I had even called a few weeks ago and got only
the answering machine.  Now I guess I know why.

Indeed RIP Betram--you will be missed!

Sincere Regards

Andy Sporner
Benediktbeuern, Germany