Subject: Re: 4000/60
To: Jonathan A. Kollasch <jakllsch@kollasch.net>
From: Jim MacKenzie <jim@photojim.ca>
List: port-vax
Date: 09/18/2006 15:00:29
----- Original Message -----
From: "Jonathan A. Kollasch" <jakllsch@kollasch.net>
To: <adam.r.pigg@britishnucleargroup.com>
Cc: <port-vax@netbsd.org>
Sent: Monday, September 18, 2006 2:15 PM

> Only remaining problem is that it doesnt see the network card every boot,
> even though it boots from it, and asks for the boot/root device.
>
> If i reboot it sees it ok.

It seems to be more random than that on mine. Seems rather nonsensical.
===
Is it possible that the S3 switch is the problem?  Some of these switches
get snarky and require some exercise to work reliably.  The same problem can
affect the switch that lets you select between the AUI and BNC ports.

My 4000/90 (in a 60 case; I'm not sure why the discrepancy) doesn't have any
difficulty, although I don't know if that's terribly informative.

Jim