Subject: RE: DELQA not recognized on VAXstation 3200 - Solved?
To: , <port-vax@NetBSD.org>
From: Antonio Carlini <arcarlini@iee.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 09/08/2006 19:29:09
oldcpu@rogerwilco.org wrote:

> Well, I have more news.  Without any other ideas, I pulled all the
> boards in the system, except for the CPU, the memory, and the DELQA.
>
> In this configuration, I successfully netbooted NetBSD 1.5.3, and was
> able to configure the network!

So obviously the hardware works.

> When I put all the boards back into the backplane, positioned and
> configured just as they were originally, again the ethernet was not
> recognized by the install kernel.

I've missed the beginning of this thread so you may have already
posted this, but it sounds like you have a broken grant chain
(i.e. the box is not in a valid configuration).

Can you post the config (which board is in which slot)?

SHOW DEVICE at the console might also be useful (in the
non-function config).

Antonio
arcarlini@iee.org