Subject: DELQA not recognized on VAXstation 3200
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.org>
From: None <oldcpu@rogerwilco.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 09/07/2006 02:14:57
I've just netbooted NetBSD onto a VAXstation 3200 (KA-650) with 5MB RAM and
DELQA.  The installation kernel loads and boots, but apparently doesn't detect
any network controllers.  When I choose the Configure Network option in the
sysinst Utilities menu, it complains that it could not find a network controller
in the system.  Of course, the DELQA is there, and working, since it just did
the initial MOP/BOOTP/NFS load of the bootloader and the installation kernel
itself in the first place.

I tried several versions of the netboot installation kernel: 1.5.3, 1.6.2 (which
hangs on boot, BTW), 2.0, and 3.0.1.  Same result each time (excepting v2.0, of
course), indicating that no network device was found.

I even pulled the DELQA and tried a known-working DEQNA (see uVAX II below), but
see exactly the same results.

This method has worked great in recent days with a MicroVAX II (KA630, 4MB,
DEQNA) and a VAXstation 3100 (KA42, 8MB, LANCE).

I have come into a nice collection of uVAXen and I'm trying to get NetBSD loaded
just long enough for me to do a 'dd' over NFS as a way to image the original
disk's contents before doing anything else.

Any ideas, on what's up with this VAXstation 3200 with NetBSD?

Thanks.

Jared