Subject: Re: VAX netboot
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Aaron J. Grier <agrier@poofygoof.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 07/04/2006 16:38:30
On Wed, Jun 28, 2006 at 09:52:40AM +0200, Jochen Kunz wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Jun 2006 22:32:50 -0700
> "Aaron J. Grier" <agrier@poofygoof.com> wrote:
>
> > I ended up having to rewind to 1.5.3 to get a working boot.mop and a
> > non-elf kernel that the working bootloader could grok.
> boot.mop has been fixed some time back in -current. I suspect the fix
> never got pulled up to 3.0.

I jumped through a few hoops to get -current (3.99.21) built for vax,
and boot.mop is not being built.

instead I get:

$ file installation/netboot/boot
installation/netboot/boot: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Digital VAX, version 1 (SYSV), statically linked, stripped

which isn't moppable.

where's boot.mop?

I was, however, able to get -current booted on it by installboot-ing new
bootblocks and the install kernel, so that's some progress.  it's
running sysinst right now...

              "silly brewer, saaz are for pils!"  --  virt