Subject: Re: meaning of kernel messages
To: Ben Collver <collver@peak.org>
From: None <ragge@ludd.ltu.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 07/04/2006 21:41:37
> When I downgraded from -current to 3.0, I noticed some changes in dmesg.
>
> Any idea what these mean?
>
> -vsbus0: 32K entry DMA SGMAP at PA 0x4a0000 (VA 0x804a0000)
> +vsbus0: 32K entry DMA SGMAP at PA 0x480000 (VA 0x80480000)

It's just the address of the map table for the IOMMU available on
most VAXen that ended up at another address.  What causing
this address move is hard to tell, the SGMAP takes up 128k memory.

> -st0: quirks apply, drive empty
> +st0: rogue, drive empty

Well, the SCSI tape driver seems to think that the tape drive is a
strange animal :-)  Just the informational message that changed.

-- Ragge