Subject: Re: NetBSD 3.0 install from CD issues
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.org>
From: Kim Hawtin <kim.hawtin@adelaide.edu.au>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/16/2006 09:05:22
Kim Hawtin wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> Been slugging away trying to get 3.0 or 2.0.2 installed onto my uVAX3100.
>
> I've tried 2.0.2, which appears to install fine, but I cannot boot from the disk
> I installed on.
>
> Which then leads me to cut the iso for 3.0 to cd and try that. 3.0 consistently
> fails when doing any fs work, with the message "command sysinst, on /: file
> systemfill /: write failed, file system is full"
>
> Same when using 'newfs' or any userland programs that (i expect) use the
> disklabel.
>
> As a test I used dd to wipe the disk and start a fresh, disklabel seems to work
> fine, the first time, then any newfs fails =/
>
> I've used disklabel from the 2.0.2 cd, then booted up 3.0 and tried to install
> but newfs fails =\

Hi guys,

After a bit of mucking around I found that the microvax3100 just plain
doesn't like booting off anything over a 1GB disk.

Is this a well know issue?

I have a bunch of 2GB barracudas that came from a deceased alpha server
and would like to use them...

Is accessing 'large' disks a problem or just booting from them?

regards,

Kim