Subject: Re: NetBSD on VAXstation 3100
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.org>
From: Aaron J. Grier <agrier@poofygoof.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/15/2006 22:49:47
On Wed, Mar 15, 2006 at 08:47:25PM -0500, Kevin Ogden wrote:
> 	Will recent versions of pkgsrc have any issues under 1.4 or
> would  building packages by hand from source be a better route to
> take?

1.4 is no longer officially supported by pkgsrc.  I still run 1.4.3 on a
pmax here, and gave up trying to use pkgsrc on it.  (one of these days
I'll get 3.0 on it, as it has plenty of memory...)

I wish I had the time to sit down and figure out exactly what is
bloating newer kernels so badly, AND FIX IT.  it should be possible to
turn off the new features in newer kernels and have it be no larger than
previous versions.