Subject: NetBSD 3.0 install from CD issues
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.org>
From: Kim Hawtin <kim.hawtin@adelaide.edu.au>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/13/2006 11:59:11
Hi guys,

Been slugging away trying to get 3.0 or 2.0.2 installed onto my uVAX3100.

I've tried 2.0.2, which appears to install fine, but I cannot boot from the disk
I installed on.

Which then leads me to cut the iso for 3.0 to cd and try that. 3.0 consistently
fails when doing any fs work, with the message "command sysinst, on /: file
systemfill /: write failed, file system is full"

Same when using 'newfs' or any userland programs that (i expect) use the
disklabel.

As a test I used dd to wipe the disk and start a fresh, disklabel seems to work
fine, the first time, then any newfs fails =/

I've used disklabel from the 2.0.2 cd, then booted up 3.0 and tried to install
but newfs fails =\

any ideas?

regards,

Kim