Subject: RE: current port-vax status
To: Gregg C Levine <hansolofalcon@worldnet.att.net>
From: A. Wik <aw@aw.gs>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/09/2006 04:16:53
I've had 1.5/vax working since it was fresh, which was shortly
after support for the VAXstation 4000/60 SCSI host adapter was
introduced.  Are there any known reasons to upgrade?

As for Slackware, it's the Linux to choose if you ever need one.
Although occasionally tricky to install (just as it was the
first time I tried in 1994-5), and relatively outdated[1], surely
downloading and compiling a few tarballs is easy in comparison
with the work required to strip all the bloat and annoyances from
something like RedHat.  NetBSD is compact and elegant in
comparison with *that*.

-aw
(* it [slack] hasn't even jumped on the PAM bandwagon yet)