Subject: Re: current port-vax status
To: Johnny Billquist <bqt@update.uu.se>
From: Gregg Levine <gregg.drwho8@gmail.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/07/2006 23:28:12
Hello from Gregg C Levine
Um not really. The XKernel concept was exactly as Dave describes. It
had the user set things up so that a Sun3 or Sun4 would work as an X
terminal for a box running Linux.

Now such an idea has become something of an extinct animal. I'm not
even sure its possible to build the binaries for XKernel. But finding
the hardware, a Sun3 or Sun4 should be relatively simple. Of course
I'd like to get the VAX Station I've got here working, but that's a
story for a new thread.

Oh and does anyone want a GMail address? Free invites to the first one
hundred requesting individuals.
--
Gregg C Levine gregg.drwho8@gmail.com
"This signature was once found posting rude