Subject: Another diskless Vax lives again
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Andrew Reynolds <andrewr@accesscable.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/17/2006 14:11:37
After reading through the recent threads on the mailing list, I took
another crack at getting NetBSD running on my 4000-500A, and was
successful using the NetBSD 3.0 release files & the older mop based
bootloader mentioned previously. I'd love to be able to use it as a test
machine (it's by far the most treasured machine in my possession), but
I'm wondering if anyone can recommend the most optimal client & server
nfs settings. I've already had to drop the read & write block sizes to
1024 so that the vax can write to it's nfs mount reliably. The nfs
server in question is an x86 based platform running NetBSD as well.

--
Andrew Reynolds