Subject: Re: current port-vax status
To: Nathan Schepers <nathan.schepers@gmail.com>
From: Johnny Billquist <bqt@GW.SoftJAR.SE>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/16/2006 19:28:39
On Thu, 16 Feb 2006, Nathan Schepers wrote:

> Fair enough, and I suppose I should have expected that.  :)  It wasn't
> then either, though, and it *was* a good little community.  I was just
> looking for an interesting and obscure project to work on in my spare
> time.  If there's not much here these days, perhaps there's another
> architecture that I should set my sights on.  Any ideas?

Actually, there are a number of things in NetBSD/vax to work on. It's just
that Ragge seem to be pretty absent right now, and others don't say much.
But I don't mind having a little talk about things that should be done.

For starters, it would be nice if build.sh could run the whole way through
a build. A new gcc would be very welcome as well, as would a working boot
for netbooting.

And then my personal wish-list includes getting the environment sensors of
the 8600 working. I believe there is some environment daemon in the i386
that it would be nice to hook into here.

And of course we have the never ending CI-story... :-)

 	Johnny