Subject: Re: current port-vax status
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/16/2006 12:32:49
On Thu, Feb 16, 2006 at 10:47:29AM +0000, Chris Wareham wrote:

> Blaz Antonic has been working on support for colour framebuffers, but
> I'm not sure if his latest work has been committed to CVS.
I am (slowly) working on this. There are some issues that need to be ironed
out (like the dz(4) serial probe confusion, console support, man pages, ...)
and then I'll commit this drivers. So this is not lost and I expect them
to be included in the GENERIC kernel configuration in the next release.

> It would be very cool if
> someone could get an X server working on these framebuffers as well.
Feel invited to do this work. ;-)

There are some other issues that need to be addessed. The broken net
booting was mentioned already. Is the filesystem > 4 GB corruption bug
fixed? I think ze(4) has some problems too. A large field of work is
DSSI / CI support. Support for DSSI / CI disks and tapes and even
networking via shac(4) would be very cool but non trivial. Is there a
working driver for the GPX GFX? MV 2000 / VS 2000 SCSI booting. (There
are ROM patches to doo this, but the bootloader needs fixing to make it
work.)
--

tschüß,
         Jochen