Subject: Re: current port-vax status
To: Nathan Schepers <nathan.schepers@gmail.com>
From: Chris Wareham <chriswareham@chriswareham.demon.co.uk>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/16/2006 10:47:29
Nathan Schepers wrote:
> Hi port-vax,
>
>     I lurked a bit on this list in '96 and '97, and did a bit of work
> that never ended up in the tree.  It seems like activity on this list is
> much lower than it was, and I'm wondering about the current status of
> the project.  Where should I be looking to see a list of outstanding
> issues that are being worked on?  What are the current hot topics on the
> list?  I'd really like to get involved again, and could use a bit of
> direction.
>
> Looking forward to hearing from you all,
> Nathan Schepers

Blaz Antonic has been working on support for colour framebuffers, but
I'm not sure if his latest work has been committed to CVS. Someone
really should give that man commit privileges! It would be very cool if
someone could get an X server working on these framebuffers as well. I
do remember three or four years ago trying to run an experimental X
server for the monochrome framebuffer in my VaxStation 3100. The console
driver worked well, but I never managed to get the X server running.

Chris