Subject: Re: Anyone in UK got VAX boot CD for NetBSD V2.1?
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.org>
From: Blaz Antonic <blaz.antonic@siol.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 11/22/2005 12:31:20
Hello,

> I should set off a torrent but it would be easier for me in my current
> situation to scrounge a CD off someone.

If you have broadband connection and another machine that could serve as
MOP server you should just use MOP instead and install sets from FTP.
The kernel image is ~2 MB, MOP, bootp and NFS are easy to set up once
you are familiar with the caveats (= broken moploader in newer releass
so you must use 1.5.3 version - just the moploader, do *NOT* use 1.5.3
kernel/installation image). This way you avoid annoyances with finding
the right CD drive + you've got a "rescue server" set up and working
should you ever need it, saving you some headache :-)

Blaz Antonic
--
Hi! I'm a signature virus!
Copy me into your signature to help me spread!