Subject: Re: SPXg support, last call
To: Blaz Antonic <blaz.antonic@siol.net>
From: Chris Wareham <chriswareham@chriswareham.demon.co.uk>
List: port-vax
Date: 11/17/2005 11:37:14
Blaz Antonic wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I received identification information for LCSPX on 4000/9x (plus I've
> got my SPXg on 4000/9x identified). I'm still missing information for
> SPXg/gt on VS 4000/60.
>
> I'm approximately halfway through with the new driver which should
> support both LCSPX and SPXg for VS 4000/9x out of the box (and also SPX
> for 3100 with minimal modifications to identification code). Even though
> I don't have 4000/60 (with SPXg/gt) I have added code which should work
> on that particular combination of hardware as well as soon as somebody
> adds appropriate identification code (same story as with 3100 SPX - code
> is there but ignores this combination of hardware in order not to screw
> something up).

Hi Blaz,

Is SPX the monochrome framebuffer found in the VaxStation 3100? I once
had a patched version of the 1.5 kernel that supported console on the
monochrome framebuffer. The patch was mentioned on this list several
years ago, but I don't think the original author ever got it committed
to the NetBSD tree. I only really mention it in case it could be of help
with your current driver writing.

Regards,

Chris