Subject: RE: Do the official ISOS boot on a VAX?
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.org>
From: Debee Norling <debee@jfcl.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 11/16/2005 21:36:17
I was unclear in my last post. I'm downloading ISOS, then using ISORecorder
to burn the exact image to CD. I'm doing this on a Windows PC and ISOS of
NetBSD and other operating systems I burn in this way successfully boot on
other platforms.

But when I boot them on a VAXstation-4000/90A
   ....  Here's a console log of exactly what happens....

KA49-A V1.4-0D0-V4.4   83 MHZ
08-00-2B-25-63-03
64MB
|                                     |
#######################################

>>> show device

  VMS/VMB      ADDR      DEVTYPE    NUMBYTES     RM/FX    WP    DEVNAM
REV
  -------      ----      -------    --------     -----    --    ------
---
  EZA0         08-00-2B-25-63-03
  DKA200       A/2/0     DISK         4.56GB      FX            DDRS-34
S97B
  DKA300       A/3/0     DISK         2.14GB      FX            CFP2105
1524
  DKA400       A/4/0     RODISK     114.39MB      RM      WP    RRD43
0064
 ..HostID..    A/7       INITR

>>> b dka400

-DKA400