Subject: Netbooting a VAX
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Gregg C Levine <hansolofalcon@worldnet.att.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 10/15/2005 11:49:16
Hello from Gregg C Levine
I seem to recall that there were big problems with the attempted net
boot of a VAX using a variety of kernel formats, and MOP methods. I
think this took place during the evolution from 1.5 to 1.6.2.

Would someone please either correct or refute this assertion?

As most of you by now know I have here a VAXstation 3100 Model 76 unit
that's similar to the one described in Charles McManis excellent
collection of webpages.

The major difference between his and mine is that mine will be using a
serial console, and not be using for creating new collection of
anything for NetBSD. I haven't decided exactly what I'll be doing with
this unit, if I get it to work but there are things waiting.

Also would the individual who kindly sent me the pair of terminal
cables, and the four connectors earlier this year, please send me his
address off list? I'll be in a position to repay his kindness very
soon.
---
Gregg C Levine hansolofalcon@worldnet.att.net
---
"Remember the Force will be with you. Always." Obi-Wan Kenobi=20