Subject: Busy wait?
To: VAX porting list <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Johnny Billquist <bqt@Update.UU.SE>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/27/2005 14:11:37
Are there some busy wait loops in the scsi driver path on the VAX port?
I've been wondering for a while, and today I did an rm -rf on a local file
tree of considerable size on my 3100, and the machine was doing about 90%
system time, and occasioanlly also managed to hit 30% interrupt time.

Almost no idle at all. I would have throught it would spend a lot of time
doing nothing but waiting for the disk to complete operations.

File system is mounted with soft deps, and I have 32 megs in the machine.

Anyone have any idea?

	Johnny