Subject: Re: Re: RE: VERY slow ssh logins to uVAX
To: Marat BN <maratbn@yahoo.com>
From: Anders Hogrelius <ahs@hogrelius.nu>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/29/2005 20:47:19
Yep, the CPU was hogged and it is actually still so even with the DNS
working. The sshd process chews up over 95% CPU when someone logs in using
ssh2, though not for long when the reverse DNS lookup works. A 266MHz
Alpha is quite a lot faster than a uVAX though not exactly a speed
monster...;-) I can only assume that on an old VAX ssh2 would be
unbearably slow...

Cheers,
Anders

--
This mail was sent on Fri 04/29/05 at 11:43AM PDT

Punishment becomes ineffective after a certain point.  Men become
insensitive.
		-- Eneg, "Patterns of Force", stardate 2534.7

* Anders Hogrelius       Cell :  +46(0)70 884-2775, +46(0)70 677-0210
* Tessingatan 12         Phone:  +46(0)8 501-64524, +1(714)408-7868
* SE-72216 Vasteras      E-mail: anders@hogrelius.nu
* SWEDEN		 Web:    http://www.hogrelius.nu/~ahs/