Subject: Re: RE: VERY slow ssh logins to uVAX
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/28/2005 21:29:01
>>> http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-vax/2003/02/11/0004.html
>> I just stopped using ssh2 and went back to ssh1.
> Hmmm... I wonder if it could be related to the same kind of problem
> on other platforms though it seem a bit extreme on the VAX.

Well, a low-end VAX is in the running for "slowest platform NetBSD
supports".  (Probably beaten out by the low-end hp300s and maybe some
of the slower 68k ports, though after once trying to use a VAX-11/725 I
was only half joking when I said it was a Z-80 running a VAX emulator.)

I'm looking at ssh to see if there isn't some way to speed it up for
cases like this, where the admins on both ends of the connection are
(a) trusted by everyone involved and (b) interested in doing so -
certainly for cases like single-user house LAN use.

Nothing definite yet, but I have hopes.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign