Subject: Re: RE: VERY slow ssh logins to uVAX
To: Anders Hogrelius <ahs@hogrelius.nu>
From: Marat BN <maratbn@yahoo.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/28/2005 18:25:05
Hi Anders,

I'm experiencing this problem on Linux RedHat
Enterprise Edition version 3.
I know that this OS is pretty obsolete, and nobody
should be using it now,
but I don't have a choice here.  But at least I
installed kernel 2.4.29 :)
The openssh-server version is 3.5p1-6

Do you remember if the Alpha with reverse DNS lookup
problem hogged the CPU?
I think the reason why it was making you wait 10 mins
was because it was
doing some network lookup.  Would reverse DNS lookup
be a factor if I'm
sshing to 127.0.0.1?  I'm doing ssh root@127.0.0.1
when it hogs the CPU for
several secs.