Subject: Re: VS 3100 SPX (SPGFX) testers wanted
To: Johnny Billquist <bqt@Update.UU.SE>
From: Anders Hogrelius <ahs@hogrelius.nu>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/28/2005 01:36:17
On Thu, 28 Apr 2005, Johnny Billquist wrote:

> Installed VMS on the machine, and graphics looks like it works just fine.
> But I discovered that I had the wrong monitor cable. No red, and the green
> don't look really right.
> But that's a minor problem (and maybe the reason for the selftest fail).
> So, if I (we) could just get the files, I'll do a shot at testing.

Yes, that's probably the reason why the selftest failed. The board checks
to make sure all three signals are terminated in the monitor. If there is
a break in any one of the three cables you'll usually get an error code,
though it's not always the case.

Cheers,
Anders

--
This mail was sent on Wed 04/27/05 at 4:32PM PDT

Worlds are conquered, galaxies destroyed -- but a woman is always a
woman.
		-- Kirk, "Conscience of the King", stardate unknown

* Anders Hogrelius       Phone : +46 (0)70 6770210
* Tessingatan 12         E-mail: anders@hogrelius.nu
* SE-72216 Vasteras      Web:    http://www.hogrelius.nu/~ahs/
* SWEDEN