Subject: Re: VS 3100 SPX (SPGFX) testers wanted
To: Blaz Antonic <blaz.antonic@siol.net>
From: Johnny Billquist <bqt@Update.UU.SE>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/26/2005 15:00:48
On Mon, 25 Apr 2005, Blaz Antonic wrote:

Hi.

> > It's running 3.99.3. I just have to get a screen for it, since I'm
> > currently using the serial port for console.
>
> 3.huh.huh you say ? Well, I hope kernel constructs that deal with device
> registration and all haven't changed between those the way they did
> between 1.6.x and 2.0.x. But yeah, since PSX apparently uses some
> ungodly less common cable this is an issue for some folks (who have
> machine handy but cannot hook it u to anything).

Well, the machine is now with a screen, and running. I have a small
concern that the SPX board does not pass diagnostics. Don't know why, and
the graphics worked in the past, when the machine ran VMS. It was in
storage for a couple of years, and I haven't played with the graphics
since.
Well, the graphics atleast works enough to get the console mode in the rom
monitor, and start booting NetBSD.
We can give it a shot, and see how far it might go.
(Or does anyone else have an SPX board?)

	Johnny