Subject: RE: VS 3100 SPX (SPGFX) testers wanted
To: 'Blaz Antonic' <blaz.antonic@siol.net>
From: Antonio Carlini <a.carlini@ntlworld.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/25/2005 22:41:13
On Mon, 25 Apr 2005, Blaz Antonic wrote:
> Yeah well ... it's one odd beast, I think it's far less
> common than the rest of the graphics boards. It also seems
> that the further back I go (=3D the older the board is) the
> uglier the POST code is ... and i'm dissasembling that stuff
> to figure out how things work since there's no documentation.

There _is_ some documentation for QDSS (colour Qbus graphics)
in EK-104AA-TM-001. There is documentation for the older
QVSS (B&W Qbus graphics) in some appendix of some other manual :-)
You can locate both via Manx (http://vt100.net/manx), name/number
of second manual left as an exercise for the reader :-)

I'm pretty sure I've already looked for SPX/SPXg/SPXgt/LCG/LCSPX
docs before and drawn up a blank, but I'll look again and send along
whatever I have.

I do have a VS3100 with an SPX sticker on the outside, but it is at
the bottom of a pile so I have no idea whether it has an SPX sticker
on the inside. My VS3100-76 definitely does have an SPX, but it has
been quite a few years since I installed any form of NetBSD, so you'll
be better off with the previous offer of testing in the first instance!

Antonio

--=20

Antonio Carlini arcarlini@iee.org