Subject: Re: VS 3100 SPX (SPGFX) testers wanted
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.org>
From: Michael L. Hitch <mhitch@lightning.msu.montana.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/25/2005 12:18:25
On Mon, 25 Apr 2005, Blaz Antonic wrote:

> On a side note: could one of the powers that be in NetBSD/Vax world
> please move their ass and speak up - i would *really* like to see these
> drivers included in the source tree but have no idea how to go about it.
> NetBSD/Vax has been stagnating for years now, it's about time that old
> hardware is supported better.; it's not like Vax hardware is evolving
> and we couldn't catch up with rapid changes ;-)

  That would be me.  I had intended to post both my copies of the LCG and
LCSPX drivers for people to try a couple of weeks ago.  I wanted to verify
that they still compiled and worked, but my laptop (my build machine at
home) keeps dropping the CPU speed when it starts working hard (I'll blame
the BIOS upgrade I did in January) and it took too long to do the build
and I didn't have the time to test it on both the 4000/90 and 4000/VLC I
have at home.  I was going to work on it last weekend, but I ended up
going out of town for a memorial service for one of my uncles.

> Also, Ragge is too busy to even get around to fixing the keyboard
> interrupt detection problem on VS 4000/90 and nobody else (myself
> included) seems to have a clue how to go about it - if anybody does
> please speak up as well.

  He's not the only one being busy.  I've got a fix or work-around for
this and I haven't gotten around to running by Ragge yet.  I was also
going to post my changes for this along with the graphics drivers.

--
Michael L. Hitch			mhitch@montana.edu
Computer Consultant