Subject: Re: VS 3100 SPX (SPGFX) testers wanted
To: Blaz Antonic <blaz.antonic@siol.net>
From: Chris Wareham <chriswareham@chriswareham.demon.co.uk>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/25/2005 15:33:22
Blaz Antonic wrote:
> Hello,
>

>>Damn. I had a VS3100 with an addon graphics board - it may have been the
>>SPX but I can't remember. I sold it on Ebay when I got my VLC, thinking
>>that the graphics board was unlikely to ever be supported by NetBSD.
>

> VLC has LCG graphics which is really neat (it seems to be about as fast
> as LCSPX of VS 4000/90 class machine). LCG driver is pretty much
> finished with acceleration in console mode, the only thing that needs
> updating is 4 plane version handling and cursor operation (to get rid of
> screen artifacts that show up with lame software cursor in accelerated
> mode) - i can provide all details necessary for both of these updates so
> anybody with some knowledge of C and reading tech docs can do it.
>
> Blaz Antonic

Hi Blaz,

I had a snapshot of your code which you posted to this list, I got it
running on my VLC but then the hard drive died. I've been holding off
installing NetBSD on a new drive, hoping that 2.0 would be released with
your driver. Judging by your recent message it still hasn't made it in,
which is a real shame - I know Vaxen are obsolete but I still getting a
lot of fun from running NetBSD on one.

Chris
--
One is not superior merely because one sees the world as odious.
                    Chateaubriand (1768-1848)