Subject: Re: VS 3100 SPX (SPGFX) testers wanted
To: Blaz Antonic <blaz.antonic@siol.net>
From: Johnny Billquist <bqt@Update.UU.SE>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/25/2005 16:20:03
On Mon, 25 Apr 2005, Blaz Antonic wrote:

> Hello,
>
> > It's running 3.99.3. I just have to get a screen for it, since I'm
> > currently using the serial port for console.
>
> 3.huh.huh you say ? Well, I hope kernel constructs that deal with device
> registration and all haven't changed between those the way they did
> between 1.6.x and 2.0.x.

I think they haven\t changed that much lately. I have some hacked device
drivers of my own, which haven't hit anything recently.

> But yeah, since PSX apparently uses some
> ungodly less common cable this is an issue for some folks (who have
> machine handy but cannot hook it u to anything).

I should have the cable around. But I've tossed the original screen.
Should have some acceptable PC screens around though. Let's start with the
software, and I'll fix the hardware as we go. (Umm, right now I'm building
the whole xsrc, so it's a bit busy, but I can always start building a new
kernel...)

> > QDSS is what's used in VAXstation II/GPX if I remember correctly. Or was
> > it the /GPX which had the QVSS?
> > Well, both QDSS and QVSS was mainly VAXstation II anyway. Q-bus graphic
> > system.
>
> I see. Can these do any 2D acceleration at all ?

Beats me. I think the /GPX version had some hardware acceleration in it,
but I really haven't got any documentation.

Maybe someone else knows a bit more.

	Johnny