Subject: Re: VS 3100 SPX (SPGFX) testers wanted
To: Chris Wareham <chriswareham@chriswareham.demon.co.uk>
From: Blaz Antonic <blaz.antonic@siol.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/25/2005 14:22:10
Hello,

> Damn. I had a VS3100 with an addon graphics board - it may have been the
> SPX but I can't remember. I sold it on Ebay when I got my VLC, thinking
> that the graphics board was unlikely to ever be supported by NetBSD.

VLC has LCG graphics which is really neat (it seems to be about as fast
as LCSPX of VS 4000/90 class machine). LCG driver is pretty much
finished with acceleration in console mode, the only thing that needs
updating is 4 plane version handling and cursor operation (to get rid of
screen artifacts that show up with lame software cursor in accelerated
mode) - i can provide all details necessary for both of these updates so
anybody with some knowledge of C and reading tech docs can do it.

Blaz Antonic
--
Hi! I'm a signature virus!
Copy me into your signature to help me spread!