Subject: Re: VS 3100 SPX (SPGFX) testers wanted
To: Blaz Antonic <blaz.antonic@siol.net>
From: Chris Wareham <chriswareham@chriswareham.demon.co.uk>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/25/2005 13:13:59
Blaz Antonic wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Thanks to our buddy at Linux/Vax I've started working on SPX ROM
> yesterday. It seems that there are practically no functional differences
> between SPX (for which no driver exists yet) and LCSPX (for which
> accelerated console driver exists). Now I'm looking for people with
> Vaxstation 3100 machines with SPX graophics (probably reported as
> "SPGFX" by system) and NetBSD running on it to test my findings.
>
> So if you have Vaxstation with SPX graphics (= that is NOT one of VS
> 4000 machines) and are willing to build few kernels and runs them please
> contact me directly off the list. I don't own a 3100 so I'm doing this
> for your own good - accelerated driver should be roughly 10-100 times
> faster in console mode than "dumb" framebuffer driver even if one
> existed (but there is no driver for SPX out there anyway just yet).

Damn. I had a VS3100 with an addon graphics board - it may have been the
SPX but I can't remember. I sold it on Ebay when I got my VLC, thinking
that the graphics board was unlikely to ever be supported by NetBSD.

Chris
--
One is not superior merely because one sees the world as odious.
                    Chateaubriand (1768-1848)