Subject: Re: Status of NetBSD-current vax
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.org>
From: Matthias Scheler <tron@NetBSD.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/05/2005 17:55:22
On Tue, Apr 05, 2005 at 11:17:09AM -0500, James Chacon wrote:
> > Ah, that's where the flag comes from. I'll try this patch later:
>
> No...The identd Makefile should be patched to just use WARNS=3

That will fix the current problem. But as soon as the next program is
compiled with "WARNS=4" the problem will occur again.

> *nothing* else in the tree currently uses WARNS=4 and special casing the
> .mk file just means it has to be found later if/when vax updates it's gcc.

Yes, but that is *one* single place no matter how many programs will
use "WARNS=4" in future. And I have documented this work arround
in "src/doc/HACKS" at the same place where all the other vax specific
gcc hacks are listed.

> If it's gonna be special cased, do it in the identd Makefile.

I'm sorry but I think that's completely the wrong approach.

	Kind regards

--
Matthias Scheler                                  http://scheler.de/~matthias/