Subject: Re: NetBSD/vax 2.0 X woes
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.org>
From: Blaz Antonic <blaz.antonic@siol.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/30/2005 19:14:52
Hello,

Can you guys please try out xdm on your side ? Make sure you made all
the appropriate changes to allow for remote connections (and make sure
you change file attributes back again, one of those config files needs
to be read-only IIRC or xdm will silently protest and won't do
anything).

Change xdm-config (last line at the very least), Xservers (just change
the symlink from Xservers.ws to Xservers.fs) and Xaccess (allow other
hosts to connect and broadcast). Then run

X -broadcast

on your other box (the one with X server) and check out /var/log/xdm-log
on Vax (or whatever the name of that error file is) to see if you get
any complains from Xlib about protocol versions which i'm getting all
the time. This is so bizarre, i know for a fact it used to work just
fine under 1.6(.1) :-(

Blaz Antonic
--
Hi! I'm a signature virus!
Copy me into your signature to help me spread!