Subject: Re: Multi-arch 2.0 CD doesn't boot on simh-vax
To: None <port-vax@NetBSD.org>
From: Soeren Gust <sgust@ithh.informationstheater.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/23/2004 19:05:07
On Wed, Dec 22, 2004 at 11:53:22AM +0000, Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:
> Has anybody succesfully booted the (2nd of the) multi-architecture 2.0
> CD on simh-vax? It would not boot for me, although the top-level seems
> to contain the 2nd stage bootloader, while the mini-root did boot fine
> used as a disk image...

I had the same problem with the vaxcd.iso. The resulting CD worked in simh
in my burner, but had lots of read errors in my DVD-ROM drive and fell
back to the simh prompt. I could mount the disc under Linux and all
files had the correct checksums.

After some experiments I found out that the CD has to be burned in
disc-at-once mode, the resulting CD works in all my drives with simh.

Soeren