Subject: Re: NetBSD/vax 2.0 on simh
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Brian Hechinger <wonko@4amlunch.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/15/2004 11:00:10
On Tue, Dec 14, 2004 at 03:36:10PM -0500, Dave McGuire wrote:

>   I'm happily running both VMS and NetBSD/vax (v1.6.1) under SIMH.  I'm
> generally a guy who prefers real hardware over emulators, but SIMH
> allows me to run VAX and PDP operating systems on my laptop when I'm
> away from home.

ok, here's what you need to do.  you need to tar up your disk images for
your vms install of simh for me.  i *still* cannot get that cd image that
i got from you to boot on simh.  it just flat out refuses.

>   Very tasty.

yes, i cannot wait!

>   Indeed.  Does NetBSD/vax deal with VAX6000-family machines yet?  I'm

doesn't NetBSD/vax run SMP on the 6000 family?  at least i thought it did.

> pretty sure there's no 7000 support.  If anyone wants to hack on the
> 7000 stuff, I can make a machine available with remote console access.

that would be nifty!

>   You have my 8350 up there somewhere...If you have space for that,
> maybe you should grab that as well and spin up some tasty
> multiprocessor VAX goodness?

sadly that'll have to wait until after i move, i have no-where to put that
in this current tiny apartment.

-brian
--
"Now you know why I got the everliving hell OUT of Windows administration.
Knowing it doesn't make it any easier.  It's just broken-as-designed."