Subject: Re: netbsd/vax newbie :)
To: gl :) <gl@decadence.it>
From: Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@Xtrmntr.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 12/12/2004 20:28:04
--q32ofrQ8UfzBLMEG

hi,

On Sun, Dec 12, 2004 at 03:14:07PM +0000, gl :) wrote:
> I've lurked so much the mailing list and at last I found some spare =20
> time for installing the new NetBSD release on my VAXstation 4000/90.

congratulations.

> I've just one question for you.  Since I found there is no
> packages/2.0/vax section on ftp.netbsd.org I  started recompiling some
> packages from pkgsrc.  I would like to know if the output binary
> packages could be someway  useful to the community.  My VAXstation
> 4000/90 has worked a few hours in the last years and now  wants to get
> back at work fulltime! :))

we don't accept pre-built packages from third parties to the ftp archive
on ftp.NetBSD.org for security reasons.  i believe the official packages
will apear sometime in the next weeks.  of course, nothing stops you
from publishing your packages somewhere on the internet and let people
know about it.  it's up to them whether they will trust them or not.

regards,

--=20
-- Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@{NetBSD,Xtrmntr,silcnet}.org>   --

--q32ofrQ8UfzBLMEG